Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Merry

'Twas the day before Christmas and all through the blogsphere ... no I'm not good at snarky poetry parody so I won't continue.  But I have always dearly loved this time of year.  I love Christmas music and decorations and the festiveness of it all.  I love the food, the cookies and eggnog, the feast and the treats.  And I love being with family.  When my older children were young, we used to travel to be with grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins, but we now rarely go anywhere for Christmas, just stay at home.  It's still family, and it's still wonderful.

To me, Christmas represents hope.  Children hope for exciting presents under the tree.  The anticipation is almost better than the gifts themselves.  December 25th is just after the winter solstice, when there is hope of returning life as the days start growing longer.  And back in the meridian of time, a baby was born that was the hope of all mankind.

To anyone reading this blog, I wish you a Christmas filled with hope and joy.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you and yours that too. I'm happy with most of my family around me. :)

    ReplyDelete