Friday, February 14, 2014

No Beards

When I was a student at BYU, the honor code mandated that students could not wear beards (except in a few special circumstances).  I loved it.  I'm sorry to all you beard wearing fellows out there, but I think beards make you look unkempt and unattractive.  I realize that my personal opinions are just that -- personal.  But to my view, a clean shaven man is much better looking than one with facial hair.  I include mustaches and sideburns in this.  I will admit that there are a few guys who do look better with a well trimmed beard or mustache, but they are so few and far between, and I think it's due to familiarity rather than actual looks.

That being said, I hate shaving.  It's a pain and it causes all kinds of headaches.  If I could get away from shaving, that would be great.  But I hate how my face looks with even a little bit of scruff.  Luckily, I don't have sensitive skin.  I can shave dry with a fairly sharp blade, and I'm usually okay.  I often use an electric razor, though, because it's fast and easy.  It's still a bother, though.  One of the many dichotomies in my life.  I have to sacrifice in one aspect to benefit in another.  That seems to be a pattern throughout my experience.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment