Friday, January 3, 2014

What's it all for, anyway?

Happy 2014!

Looking ahead, I'm going to have a very busy couple of months at work, so I might cut back on blogging for a while.  I'll probably just post on Fridays.  That said, I'm giving thought about what this blog is for.  Does it do any good?

I know I'm not really socially adept, especially when I wax philosophical and such.  I tend to be a bit clinical and detached, showing little to no emotion.  As an anonymous blog, my friends don't read the blog.  (Actually, I did have one friend from my non-online life comment on my blog without knowing it was me.)

I have so few readers that I wonder if it's worth it.  But it's nice to get some ideas written down, even if they aren't really thought through as well as I'd have liked.  I have no ambition to be famous, but I would like to reach out to those who would appreciate it.

I wonder how many people there are out there like me who are committed to the gospel yet whose orientations are gay?  There are a few online individuals, but most of us don't feel the need to connect, it seems.  And I totally understand.  What is there to be gained by coming out?  Alienating members who don't understand while at the same time inviting hate mail from anti-Mormon commenters seems to be a high price to pay for putting yourself out there.

That's one reason I still remain anonymous.  It would be nice if we could be more open, but the world is not yet there.

Still, I enjoy posting, so I'll just slow down a little.  Have a wonderful new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment