Monday, November 19, 2012

Introduction

Allow me to introduce myself.

I love listening to (and making) a variety of good music.  I am a college football fan.  I am an amateur astronomer, who's a bit out of practice.  I am a husband and father.  I am a lover of ice cream.  I am a professional teacher.  I am an avid reader.  I am blue eyed.  I enjoy swimming, biking, and hiking.  I am a calligrapher.  I am actively involved as a Mormon.  My ancestors mostly come from Sweden, with some from Great Britain.

Of the above characteristics, some of them are more a part of my identity than others.  The fact that I have blue eyes is not a big part of my identity, despite the high value I place on my eyes.  On the other hand, being a husband and father is an enormous part of my identity.

I am also gay oriented.  But, like my eyes being blue, I don't consider my orientation to be a large part of my identity.  My orientation is gay; I'm not.  However, the blogsphere has been alive lately with the thoughts of men and women who, like myself, are attracted to others of the same gender, yet are also active Mormons.  I feel it would be appropriate to write of my own experiences in that realm, in case anybody was interested.

So, to anybody who might possibly be reading, welcome to my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. I look forward to following your journey.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete