Sunday, March 31, 2013

Rebirth

I recently attended the baptism of a young friend.  I've always been taught that baptism symbolizes the death, burial, and resurrection of the Savior.  It also represents our own rebirth, as Christ taught Nicodemus in John 5.
Many people hope that their nature will change upon their rebirth, and there are some aspects for which this is true.  But we learn in the Book of Mormon that the same spirit that we have now will possess our resurrected bodies.  I don't think I understand all that this entails, but I know that rebirth is a wonderful thing designed to bring hope and happiness to us, to be raised from corruption to incorruptible and perfected bodies (I'll get all my hair back -- yay!).  Easter is when I can think of the wonderful gifts of the atonement, resurrection of the body and spiritual rebirth.  Have a wonder Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment