Thursday, November 20, 2014

Maturing

I recall being a primary aged youth and interacting with other children.  I had lots of friends of both genders.  In retrospect, I was more sensitive and aware of the boys, but I didn't really pay it much mind, as I wasn't very mature at that age.  I didn't really pay attention to my own attractions until later.  When I was 12, things completely changed and I started to get super interested in guys.

I knew I was supposed to be interested in girls.  Somehow, I wasn't.  I had lots of friends, and many of them were girls.  I just didn't have romantic attractions that direction.  I recall trying to be attracted to girls.  It just didn't work.  Rather, it felt ... I don't know ... icky somehow.  I suppose it's the way most guys would feel if they tried to force themselves to be attracted to a guy.

I've always been curious as to how straight guys develop and what similarities and differences there are.  But I've never been able to ask anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Your post is very timely. As a gay woman, I have felt exactly the same way and have asked myself the very same questions you have- only, of course, mine are how do straight women form romantic and physical attractions with men? For me, it does not make sense how it happens. And, for straight women, it makes no sense to them how it happens that I feel the way about other women that they feel about men. I do not understand. If you find the answer, I know that I, for one, will be waiting to hear it.

    ReplyDelete