Thursday, November 6, 2014

Along Came a Woman

I think I've mentioned before that I never expected to get married so soon after my mission.  I was prepared for a longish single life.  But along came a woman who was everything I needed, and I was exactly what she needed.  We fit together and the rest is history.

Early on in our marriage, my wife mentioned that if something should happen to her and I ended up a widower, she wanted me to remarry so our kids would have a mother figure in the home.  I understood he desire.  I also know that I'm not the most organized person and would not make a great single parent.

But in the back of my mind I wondered if lightning could strike twice.  I don't think I've ever come across any other woman with whom I could form a marriage.  Firstly, being gay, I don't typically become attracted to women.  But I also have other personality quirks that would give other women a hard time.  I'm not exactly the easiest person to live with.

It's very difficult for me to even imagine that another woman would come along.  I don't feel like there is another compatible soul out there.  I already married the most amazing woman.  I'm glad after all these years my wife has remained healthy and strong, and I don't have to be single again.

No comments:

Post a Comment