Friday, May 23, 2014

New Title and Layout

When I first made this blog, I got the name gayoriented because I though of gay as an orientation rather than an identity.  I liked the idea that orientation was like eye color -- not something you chose, just an attribute.  I think of identity as having more to do with our choices.  So I used the blog title "My eyes are blue, but I'm not" to represent that idea.  But I was never clear about it, and I often wondered if most people understood, or just thought I had a weird way of naming my blog.  So I'm changing the name of my blog to match it's URL.  I am also messing a little with the layout.  I'm including a couple static pages linked at the top.  Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I always understood your old title :) I like the new static pages too. It's good to learn a little more about you. Thanks for keeping up this blog. I like how analytical you are, and you always make me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with what Jill said. And, I used to read your blog when it had the other title, but then lost contact with it, and you. When I began reading this blog and saw your "about me", I thought it had to be you because I recognized your blue eyes!! Yay, I found you, and I'm so glad to be reading your thoughts and ideas. You really have a great way of writing and making others think!! Thank you, Duck

    ReplyDelete